Happy Monday!...and the SECOND winner is... :)

Cleanangel from Florida! I'll be sending something cute your way soon. Thank you everyone (esp. Bizzy B, Woolywear) for your comments. Unfortunately you make me want to sew and make stuff more...when I probably should be working on "work". The joys of working at home. No-one knows what I'm really doing....Boohahahaha.... :)

As I may have mentioned, I'm not really an "embroidery person", but I had a great crafty weekend testing out some Constance Howard stitches while my kids ran around in the yard. So far attempted: french knot, cable, satin, pekinese. And some crazy stitches that don't make any sense. I see now why people created samplers. Though there's not a hope I'll try something that is not utilitarian. I ended up making two small odd-size fuschia washed silk sachets. (I'll call them "sachets" because they are so small I don't know what else to call these little bags. ) I embroidered initials of my daughter's art class teachers (one for each) and they were cute ... BUT you'll have to take my word for it!

Anyway I was too zoned out this morning before art class to take a pic! Next time. Not used to having a blog -- and no apologies, I swore to myself when I started. :) This morning I finally found a mens' hat pattern after searching high and low. Project is secret for now.

Also I'm very excited about doing my first swap! I am to make something for a set of placemats and napkins for a fellow swapper/blogger in Michigan. How cool is that? I've been curious about screenprinting on linen....hmmmmm....

Comments

Cleary (Cie) said…
Wow, thanks for picking me to win, IF you need my address just email me cieangel16@gmail.com Also the name is CieAngel not cleanangel lol.

Popular Posts