Rust Pillowcase Dress



Ah, the last of summer. Colours give a hint of the fall to come.

This is a basic pillowcase dress -- i.e. no pattern; basically fabric or ribbon threaded through the top of a rectangle with angled cut-outs for under the arms. I had these older fabrics on hand and made this for my three-year-old to wear to a party. It was very easy and now that summer's almost over I regret not making more of these. But next year. It would be lovely in voile also. You can see from the close-up that I was in such a rush I didn't even finish the tie-ends. I'm keen on peacocks right now for some reason. You know, one year it's sparrows, the last year it's been owls, now peacocks are catching my eye. Though I still love sparrows and owls. This fabric was originally purchased in the winter as I was starting to sew again after many years. It was originally intended to be a "bag-bag" - you know, a holder for plastic bags. This is close. :)




xo ella

Comments

Trina said…
I love this fabric! You mentioned it was old? Too bad, I would love to have it and daydream of something to make out of it LOL

I am a little obsessed with peacocks myself ;)

Popular Posts