finished rust log cabin pillow


Okay, quick post, to say hi. Here's the finished log cabin patchwork pillow I started a week or so ago. My first log cabin, done old-style with lights on one corner and darks on the other. I don't love love love it any more, but it's done. Funny how that works. I like it, though. Must have been that short-lived craving of fall colours. Fleeting.

I used autumn-coloured scraps -- linen, kona cotton, old 80's floral, lucien stuff...



...belgian gingham from a failed hat project, my husband's orange shirt...







I finally sewed up the sides and used a zip closure. I stuck an old pillow inside it, thus the stiff look. The hand-quilting is in red -- big stitches. I have yet to use my new walking foot.

I made those other cushions you see on the couch last winter when I first started sewing again. When I decided I could have a "hobby". For me. Before it all took over my life...haha.

Comments

Susan Graham said…
Thanks for sharing this useful information with all of us.Keep sharing more in the future.
Have a nice time ahead.
Oh my goodness, I just love those floral bags with the wood handles. Those doors are super too! Very
cool! Great blog!

Susan Graham
If you need to unlock or jailbreak your iPhone we can help!
It is 110% Free :)
We have helped more then 200,000 iPhone users around the world get more from their iPhone and we update our software constantly to keep in line with Apple’s firmware updates. Regardless whether you have an iPhone 2G, 3G, 3Gs or an iPhone 4 you are in the right place to get your device unlocked fast and pain-free.

It’s that easy!

Popular Posts