Sporty French Space Dress





What do you get when you combine this j. crew dress (my original inspiration), with

...a heavily modified peasant blouse pattern from the lovely Anna Maria Horner's Seams to Me



...and thoughts also a little about Sugar City's dress (which I have the pattern for but didn't actually crack open for this)...

...with some inexpensive but quite nice finely striped cotton fleece purchase for 2. a yard!...

....and some mistakes (sleeves massive, had to sew a seam right up the sides..
...and an improvised neckline with a tie (after realizing that doubling fleece to make the jcrew style ruffle would be crazy-thick...)


You get this! (The dress, of course. Not my precious model.)




Wa la!

I am pretty happy with it and I have to say, I think my daughter looks adorable in it. I think of it as a French Space Dress.




It's super-soft and comfy and I did a stretch stitch in turquoise. A ribbon gathers the neckline. It pulls over.

Ahhh. Good to be back in the sewing saddle again.

What do you think?

xoxox
ella

ps I never post pics of my children here but for this I make an exception. Vivien looked so sweet, I had to do it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is a really neat dress - not your typical "little girl" dress. And your daughter is a great model.

Popular Posts