lunenburg trip

A month gone by and here are the remains of the day...

I sold my old house in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia.

Here are a few images from the trip there to clear it all out.

It was lovely, but it's time to move on!

Now for some pics.

This is not a quilt. I found it when I was house-clearing. Can you guess what it is?



That is correct. Seven year old German gourmet chocolates from a quick trip to Berlin when I was newly pregnant and very spaced out! Guess I forgot to give them away -- or eat them! The tin is pretty though -- orange. I think I kept it. I'll know when I open my boxes...


I've had this place for fifteen years, and it was special. But it's time to move on. Here it is mid-clear-out.


This primitive rocking chair went to a friend.



I love this old typewriter...but as it doesn't work, it was donated to the world at large. That's right -- left on a curb.



A favourite old lamp -lit up, it looks gorgeous. Not lit up, you can really see the plastic strips. I sold it for a few bucks to a junk store.


The best fishcakes in the world as far as I know. Magnolia's in Lunenburg. Served with rhubarb chutney....mmmmm. Addictive.



Or of course you may order fishcake and an egg.


oxox
ella

Comments

Victoria said…
I loved the look of your house - the floors and ceilings - gorgeous - but if you're not there and using it, I guess it's the smart decision.

Popular Posts